• No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:02 am

iPad haters

A public forum to discuss anything

Re: iPad haters

Postby Debar » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:17 pm

lol equis really got under your skin.

the ipad is fine has it's uses and its major flaws, but equis is right, its a closed system and when I buy a piece of hardware I expect to be able to use 4-5 years down the road or at least put whatever software I want on it without jumping through major hoopla.
Debar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Enirevlow » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:11 pm

is that really the only way to print?
Enirevlow
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Dies » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:19 pm

if he used a real smartphone like mine you can do all that snazzy ipad shit

http://www.htc.com/us/products/touch-pr ... 1-0&sort=0
Dies
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Equis » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:45 am

That HTC phone that is coming out where you can tether 4 devices is insane. I think after I finish up my current iPhone project I'll work on an Android or Zune one.
Equis
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Debar » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:55 am

i have everything installed for android development. but im on the htc hero and im stuck waiting on sprint to update to 2.1. I know i dont have to but my little project is gonna require 2.1. I am the type of developer that can only be satisfied so much with an emulator before I need to test it on an actual phone.

we should talk equis about our ideas, mine are simple
Debar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dies » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:49 am

flash it fool go to http://www.xda-developers.com/ and do what you wish. I havent paid for any apps for my phone using that site.
Dies
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Caza » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Those HTC phones are pretty sweet.

And no, Eq didn't get under my skin in the slightest. I was just having some fun doing to him what he often does to others when they make a casual remark (pinning them down for what they meant and citing a source). Then I got to experience what he often complains of (the shift to personal attacks, having my position misstated, and bonus: religious accusations). Good times :emoteeekdance1:. I also didn't have an agenda. Was just trying to understand. I respect his generally well-informed opinions and wanted to know where he was coming from.

Also, iPad is already accounting for noticeable amounts of web traffic. Like it or not, tablet computing is on the rise. http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/17/report-ipad-grabbed-0-03-percent-of-all-web-traffic-in-its-firs/
Caza
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Debar » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:23 pm

oh i love it, hoping the hp slate is all its cracked up to be.
Debar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Equis » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Sounds like I was the one having the fun. ;)
Equis
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Terzhus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:47 pm

of course it went up by .03 percent(yay 3 hundredths of a percent!).. everyone is playing with their new toys while its still the "in" thing.
Terzhus
IceClan Invite
IceClan Invite

Postby Caza » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:53 am

That's not an insignificant number for a new class of product that's only out in the U.S. so far. Also check the article to see what else is in that range (and have been out much longer).
Caza
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Terzhus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 am

Not saying its a bad number, especially for its first week. Just saying that everyone who just got an ipad is only going to be using that for browsing because they're so hyped up about it, when in a few weeks or so they will tone it down to a normal use.

As compared to the other products, you are comparing them to phones.. most of which are restricted to certain providers. Phones are not the same thing as something I would consider more of a netbook type product.

I don't care if the Ipad is a huge success or w/e. I just hate all the fanboys that try to throw every mac products in everyones face saying how good it is.
Terzhus
IceClan Invite
IceClan Invite

Postby Caza » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Oh, I definitely agree with you there. Being more akin to a netbook than a smartphone, it should have more traffic. And I also agree that the fanboys can be annoying. I have a lot of criticisms of apple (probably more than the pc-centric crowd here), but I also recognize that they make some nice hardware and I prefer using their OS for productivity than Windows (gaming, of course, is another story). Having any knee-jerk reaction to a company's products, whether positive or negative, is pretty dumb. But I do think it'll be amusing if tablet computing takes off to see the people who bashed this as a useless toy.
Caza
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cerb » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:12 pm

The things that turned me off to Apple Products in the past:
1. One-button Mice

2. The crazy price you pay for a piece of hardware that is less convenient to use. (iPods for example suck in comparison to generic versions because you can just drag and drop songs/videos onto the device while its plugged in via USB without worrying about some stupid menu or that your song was renamed to 402348971.mp3 . (and they accept just about every file format...)
Cerb
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Next

Return to General Discussion