A public forum to discuss anything

lol, NSFW

Postby Debar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:10 am

Debar
Administrator
Administrator

Re: lol, NSFW

Postby Hyraxx » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:20 am

That video is hilarious. Also, only the audio is nsfw.
Hyraxx
IceClan Invite
IceClan Invite

Postby Cerb » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:23 pm

LOL that is pretty funny.
Cerb
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Mazreh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:04 pm

I love it, I wish they included the whole finger grip death thing too.

Not sure who designed the phone this time around but I guess they figured the iPhone4 was so amazing you don't need to hold it.
Mazreh
IceClan Invite
IceClan Invite

Postby Caza » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:23 am

Very funny. Misleading, but amusing nonetheless.
Caza
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dies » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:42 pm

how is it misleading there is a class action suit against apple now for the whole your holding it wrong shit.
Dies
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Kezix » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:32 am

Almost every phone made will get a reduced signal by someone holding it in certain ways. The iPhone's problem is nothing new, it's just that everyone likes to nit pick the fuck out of it so it happens to be big news!

They at least make a case that you can buy to put on it which prevents you from making contact with it and reducing the signal. Not to mention that tons of ppl probably use bluetooth and don't even need to hold the phone when they use it...

Still a pretty stupid design but oh well.
Kezix
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Caza » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:51 am

The reception issue is absolutely true and Apple is managing it very poorly. QA failure has progressed to PR failure. I've seen the issue myself, but I've never lost a call from it and I hold it exactly the way they say not to. Some of the other points in the video aren't quite the whole truth and most side-by-side comparisons will tell a different story (example: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/devices/apple-iphone-4-vs-htc-evo-4g/).

Still, funny video and many will purchase not knowing or caring about the technical details, though those folks would still not be ideal candidates for android anyway.
Caza
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dies » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:34 am

kezzy its a 30 dollar reubberband that apple is trying to pimp there is a kid who took a live strong bracelet and notched out a spot for the bottom and it actually looks pretty nifty.

The whole holding it wrong is whats chaffing everyones ass especially all the demo videos jobs is doing himself shows him holding it wrong.

Whats really killing them though is AT&T the network sucks on my HTC Touch Pro 2 (on Verizon)i can have 1 bar and be fine my buddy has the Tilt 2 (AT&T)at work (same exact phone) and he will have 3 or 4 and cant do shit. Ive literally had to download a file myself and bluetooth it over to him before hes even a 1/4 of the way through his download sitting right next to each other.

The Evo is a pimp ass picec of hardware i work with thousands of people and im seeing more and more get more excited about HTC phones than apple lately. Ive seen 1 kid so far with the 4 and quite a few that left the apple band wagon for the EVO, HD2 and Incredible.
Dies
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Kezix » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah the Evo is awesome I was just playing with one at the store here on campus a few minutes ago....

REALLY can't wait to get my hands on one of those. Though I hope they get this stupid FPS cap removed. The Evo is capped at 30 FPS which reduces it's response to touch and it is quite noticeable.... I hear that Sprint CEO has started asking HTC to investigate the issue and see if they can remove the cap or something though (it is a cap imposed by HTC, not android/google). Getting that ironed out soon I think is pretty important since the Evo is Sprint's iPhone and Verizon is getting iPhone in January. Sprint will be up against two carriers with iPhones! doh.... :emotedoh:

I guess this is the biggest downside to this phone currently when comparing to the iPhone since it runs at 60 FPS or something.

I think the reception issues the iPhone has is totally retarded coming from Apple. They should have done double antennas or something, but I was just saying that it is not an issue that other phones have not had before. Sounds like it is pretty major though coupled with AT&T's shitty service.

Kezix
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Dies » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:32 pm

for your FPS issue

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/b ... n-the-evo/

for all other HTC device neatness and a shit ton of Android & WinMo shit go to this site they have branched off of HTC exclusively and have some sony, LG and dell development going on also

http://www.xda-developers.com/

ive got a ton of free apps and tweaks from my phone off the site the Rhodium/Touch Pro 2/Tilt has had the biggest community support but most shit that works on that phone translates to the HD 2 and they got Android to work on any winmo phone also.

Its a snazzy ass site with a ton of useful info and a generally helpful forum
Dies
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Kezix » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:17 pm

Yeah I know about hacking it. I will most definitely take that route if it isn't fixed by HTC, but it shouldn't be that way. Lots of people don't want to take the time to deal with something like that... that's where Apple wins.
Kezix
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Mazreh » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Mazreh
IceClan Invite
IceClan Invite

Postby Kezix » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:43 am

that one isn't as funny. I like making fun of Apple products more...
Kezix
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Caza » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 am

I agree, not as funny.
Caza
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussion