Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:02 am

Elder Scrolls Online

A public forum to discuss games

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Postby Setis » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:20 am

I'll pick it up and play if we have some hags going in, though I haven't been impressed in just the few hours I played (aside from the character customization). Tom and numerous people on the interwebs seem to say it gets better post level 5-10. Also, this is apparently another one of those MMOs where people are saying enjoy the journey, not the destination. To me that says, level slowly, we don't have an endgame :)
"Really it comes down to a choice between the guy who thinks he'll be a god in his next life or the one who thinks he already is" - Za on the 2012 election
Setis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hyraxx » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:05 pm

I've been in the last 4 beta weekends. It seems fun, but I don't know how long I would play it for. On the fence about buying it. If you do want to pre-order, you can get the digital version(standard or imperial edition) from gamefly for %20 off with the code FEB20OFF. Think that's the best deal currently available(green man gaming did recently have it for 25% off, but that is expired).
Hyraxx
IceClan Invite
IceClan Invite

Postby Setis » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Honestly, at this point I don't expect any game we play to last beyond 3 months, if it even makes it that far. So if I choose to pickup and play a game with hags, that's my mindset going in.
"Really it comes down to a choice between the guy who thinks he'll be a god in his next life or the one who thinks he already is" - Za on the 2012 election
Setis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dies » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:13 am

bought and ready for launch
Dies
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Eido » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Which realm? Daggerfall and Ebonheart seem interesting. I am getting the CE preorder so which one of you hags want to marry me? My primary playtime will be from 3pm to 7pm weekdays but weekends are dedicated to my babies so very limited play time during the weekends.
Eido
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Setis » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Scuttlebutt says currently the Aldmeri Dominion zones are the best ones in terms of being finished and whatnot. Most positive impressions were from folks that were in that alliance. Take that as you will.

But yes, we should agree on an alliance.
Setis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Eido » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:41 pm

I'll go where ever.
You all have more experience with this game than I have since I have only played this thing for three days so I will defer to you all where you want to go.
Eido
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Hyraxx » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:04 pm

I've played all 3 alliance areas in the beta. The Daggerfall Covenant area kind of sucked. Lots of bugged quests, seemed somewhat poorly designed. The Ebonheart Pact zone was ok and I liked that storyline the best. The Aldmeri Dominion was very well done.

Also, remember that if you pre-order you can play any race as any faction. So for pre-order people, the faction choice is just the zones you will be doing pve in.
Hyraxx
IceClan Invite
IceClan Invite

Postby Eido » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:09 pm

Sounds like we are leaning towards The Aldmeri Dominion.
Eido
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Annoxa » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:17 pm

pre-ordered and waiting for launch
Annoxa
IceClan Invite
IceClan Invite

Postby Dragoth » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:17 pm

my vote is away from the aldmeri dominion, it's the most flushed out so far yes, but that means a butt ton of ppl will flock to it for that reason, also it's elves, so many none pre-orders will want to make "pretty" elves :/
Dragoth
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Eido » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:22 pm

I have very limited experience with beta so far so I will look to our more experienced players to make the wise decision.
Eido
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Hyraxx » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:29 am

I have a friend invite for the beta this weekend. Anyone want it?
Hyraxx
IceClan Invite
IceClan Invite

Postby Eido » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:53 pm

They sent me a friend beta key as well. Let me know if you want it.
Eido
IceClan Member
IceClan Member

Postby Setis » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:05 pm

For those that don't know yet, I will be joining LotD for this game. They haven't decided which faction we will be for release yet, but we'll be on Daggerfall Covenant for this beta weekend if you wish to roll the same way.
Setis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Games